3/4 bag of spinach
1 bag of romaine lettuce
1 cup grated swiss cheese
2 cups craisins
1 cup cashews
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1 cup oil
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 1/2 T poppy seeds
This has been served at Thanksgiving dinner.
Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 1/2 cups
Recipe from Mary Ehrhart
4 T butter
1 1/4 C rice (long grain or Jasmine Rice works best)
3 C water
4 tsp bullion granules
2 Tb lemon juice (bottled is best)
3/4 tsp salt
1. Heat a large, deep skillet over medium high heat.
2. Add 4 tablespoons of butter and let it melt down.
3. Grab 1 1/4 cup rice. Long grain or Jasmine rice works best for this recipe.
4. Pour the rice into the melted butter. Saute it for 4-5 minutes or until the rice is slightly golden.
5. Dissolve 4 teaspoons chicken bullion granules into 3 cups hot water. Pour it into the skillet.
6. Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Bottled juice works best here, guys. Fresh juice can turn bitter if it is left to
simmer too long.
7. Add 3/4 teaspoon salt and give it a nice stir.
8. Bring the mixture to a simmer, cover and let it cook over medium low heat for 20-25 minutes.
9. Stir it up and give it a taste to be sure it has cooked through and is soft. If it's still crunchy allow it to
cook a bit longer. Fluff it with a fork and serve!