Sunday, June 22, 2014

Gingerbread Waffles & Pear Sauce

We love breakfast foods in this house.  I haven't made these for a while, but I made them this morning in search of something different and remembered just how awesome they are!

Ingredients:
2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1/4 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. molasses
1 c. milk

Directions:
Mix dry ingredients and set aside. Beat 2 egg whites.  Cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy.  Add molasses, egg yokes, and milk.  Add dry ingredients and mix well.  Fold in egg whites.

Note:  I have other waffles recipes that call for this egg separation process, beating the egg whites and folding the in later.  I never do it because of time and dirtying dishes.  I think the recipes still turns out fine and fluffy. Also, I always use some portion of whole wheat flour in my waffles, like 1:1 or 2:1 ratio on the flour white to wheat.

Serve with sweet pear sauce.  I haven't tried this but my friend who gave me the recipe makes delicious food.

Pear Sauce

Ingredients:
29 oz. can pears, chopped in syrup (reserve syrup)
3 tbsp. corn starch
1 c. brown sugar
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. pear syrup (from reserve)
1/2 c. butter

Directions:
Combine cornstarch, brown sugar, and cinnamon in sauce pan.  Add pear syrup and cook over med-heat until mixture boils.  Reduce heat and cook for five minutes.  This sauce is also delicious over vanilla ice-cream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I love your blog :) It caught my attention thanks to the quality of your recipes. We would be delighted if you would join us on Mytaste.com so that we could link to your blog.

Mytaste.com is a search engine that compiles the best American cooking sites and blogs from the Internet. We are one of the largest in the world with sites in 37 markets and thousands of blogs are already enrolled here and benefit from the traffic we are sending to their sites.

To join Mytaste.com, just go to mytaste.com/add-your-food-blog

Sincerely,

Emilie
Mytaste.com