- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup chocolate chips, semisweet, bittersweet or milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9X13-inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and oats.
- In a large bowl (or in the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment), cream together the butter, peanut butter, granulated and brown sugars until light and well-mixed, 2-3 minutes. Mix in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk until combined.
- Stir in the dry ingredients, chocolate chips and peanut butter chips and mix until combined.
- Press the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes until lightly browned on the edges. Don't overbake or the bars will be dry! Remove the pan to a cooling rack and let the bars cool in the pan before cutting into squares.
Note: I love these cookie bars. I used 1 cup of the mini reese's pieces instead of the peanut butter chips just because I already had them.