- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar (5 ounces)
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar (5 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (9 ounces)
- 1/3 cup butter (5 1/3 tablespoons) softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (9 ounces) chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups quick oats (12 ounces)
- 1 cup M&M's (7 ounces)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9X13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugars. Mix well. Add the salt, vanilla, peanut butter and butter. Mix until creamy and well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips, baking soda and oatmeal. Mix well.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and press lightly into an even layer. Sprinkle the M&M's evenly across the top and gently press them into the dough.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the edges are golden and set. Let the bars cool completely in the pan. For a cleaner cut, refrigerate the bars before slicing and serving.
Note: I made these for the Ogden Temple Rededication celebration that we had at Mom and Dad's in Brigham City. When I was making them it did throw me off for a bit because there is no flour in the recipe. They are really good! I got the recipe from Mel's Kitchen Cafe.