Monday, March 19, 2012

Aunt Dana's Popcorn

This is the popcorn my Aunt Dana used to make for our Livingston Family Reunions. I rarely got more than a taste because the bowl would go so fast. She would also use food coloring to make it more fun for us kids. For example, I made it for Valentine's Day and made it red and then just last week I made it for St. Patrick's Day and made it green.

Ingredients & Instructions

4 quarts popped popcorn (old maids removed of course)
3 cups mini-marshmallows

Mix those together in a large bowl. {Note: Since we don't own a popcorn popcorn, I usually pop 3 or 4 bags of microwave popcorn, depending on how gooey I want the popcorn.}

1 c. butter (2 sticks)
1 1/3 c. sugar
1/2 c. lite corn syrup

Combine butter, sugar, and corn syrup in a pan on stove and bring to a boil. Boil 3 minutes and remove from heat. If you are adding any food coloring, now would be the time. Then pour mixture over the marshmallows and popcorn and stir until evenly coated. Enjoy!

No comments: