1 cup sugar
4 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1. Combine the sugar, water, and corn syrup in large saucepan. Cover and cook over medium heat for three minutes.
2. Remove lid and increase heat to medium-high. Do not stir from this point on but swirl the liquid around so it doesn't burn every few min. Cook until it reaches an even golden color.
3. Remove from heat and pour in heavy cream. It will be very hot and bubble up.
4. Stir in the butter, lemon juice, and salt. Mix well.
5. Measure 1 cup of caramel into a 1 cup Pyrex measuring cup. Set aside until cool, about 20 min.
6. Extra caramel (apx. 1/4 cup) can keep in the fridge up to a week. Use on apples or ice cream.
Salted Caramel Frosting
2 sticks butter at room temperature
8 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
2 1/2-3 cups powdered sugar
1 cup salted carmel (recipe above)
1. Beat butter and cream cheese until creamy.
2. Add 2 cups powdered sugar. Mix well.
3. Add salted caramel and beat until combined.
4. Add additional powdered sugar until the frosting tastes sweet enough to you. Careful not to add too much.
This is great on chocolate cake or brownie cupcakes!