Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cottage Granola

Cottage Granola

I just made this yesterday when I spotted this on her blog. It isn't the most nutritious granola, but it is possibly the most delicious. Miriam loves it and wants it for every meal already.

Barefoot in the Kitchen

4 cups Old Fashioned Oats
2 cups chopped pecans
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup canola oil
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 small pkg craisins (optional)

Mix all of the ingredients except craisins and spread on a baking sheet or two. Bake at 300 degrees, for about 40 to 50 minutes, checking and stirring every 20 minutes or so. I like my granola slightly well done, so I bake it for about 50 minutes. Cool completely. Add craisins. Try not to eat it all at once. Store in an airtight container.

No comments: