I found this on Allrecipes.com. We had several zucchini to use from our "bountiful baskets" so I went searching for recipes. I loved this! I did use craisins instead of currants.
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup white sugar
1 cup grated zucchini
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup currants
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
2. In small pan boil one cup water. Add currants or raisins, and boil for two minutes. Drain.
3. In mixing bowl beat egg, oil, and sugar. Stir in zucchini and vanilla.
4. In another bowl, measure flour, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, coconut, walnuts, and currants or raisins. Stir to combine thoroughly. Pour all at once over batter in mixing bowl. Stir to moisten. Turn into greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn out on rack. Cool and wrap.