I found this recipes on allrecipes.com. They were a really good mix between a brownie (which I happen to love) and a cookie. I want to make them again very soon.
2/3 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 Tablespoon water
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup baking cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda; set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl cream shortening, sugar, water and vanilla. Beat in eggs.
4. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and beat just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.
5. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on un-greased baking sheets. Bake for 7-9 minutes; DO NOT OVER BAKE. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.