Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Liquid Laundry Detergent

1/3 bar Fels Naptha Soap, grated
1/2 C Washing Soda
1/2 C Borax Powder

Grate the soap and put it in a sauce pan. Add 6 cups water and heat it until the soap melts.

Add the washing soda and the borax and stir until it is dissolved.

Remove from heat.

Pout 4 cups hot water into a bucket or very large pan.

Now, add your soap mixture and stir.

Add 1 gallon (16 cups) plus 6 cups of water and stir.

Let the soap sit for about 24 hours and it will gel.

Shake or mix before use.

Use 1/2 cup per load.

The finished soap will not be a solid gel. It will be more of a watery gel that can be described as an "egg noodle soup" look. This is a low sudsing soap.

Melanie J. gave me a powder version of this recipe that I have used for a long time. I decided to try the liquid version because occasionally I would find some powdered soap that didn't dissolve since I have a low water use washing machine. I've used the liquid version several times now and I like it and it saves me a lot of money on laundry detergent. It's VERY easy to make.

2 comments:

lexecutestore said...

This is really nice to read content of this blog. A is very extensive and vast knowledgeable platform has been given by this blog. I really appreciate this blog to has such kind of educational knowledge.Buy Online Laundry Detergents Products

Sahulat Ghar said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts in front of general public. Hope so this information may helpful for the people, who take advantages from this blog … I also recommend a store for online shopping, must visit the below links:
Online Grocery Store in Lahore
Buy Detergents And Laundry Products